Shameless Book Con FAQ
You've got questions? We've got answers!
Don't see your event-related answer here?
Check the Shameless Attendees group on Facebook.
HEALTH & SAFETY INFO
What are you doing to make sure I'm safe at Shameless?
Short answer: Everything possible.
Long answer: As we continue to plan for #Shameless21, we are confident that the event will go on with the added health safety measures recommended by the CDC. Things will look different, but that's nothing new to anyone who was awake for 2020 and into 2021. While we will have our own enhanced safety protocols in place that will go above and beyond current CDC guidelines, the event hotel staff has assured us they are creating a safe space to visit.
UPDATE 9/7/21 –
Every person will be required to provide
– EITHER –
Proof of full vaccination (recommended)*
– OR –
Proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours prior to entry**
The name on your government issued ID must match the name on your vaccination card or test result.
*In general, people are considered fully vaccinated: 2 weeks after second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine If you don’t meet these requirements, regardless of your age, you are NOT fully vaccinated. This guidance is also be applied to COVID-19 vaccines that have been listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (e.g. AstraZeneca/Oxford). via CDC.gov
**Free COVID-19 tests are available at most pharmacies. The Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista is in Orange County but is near the border of Osceola County. Find COVID-19 testing locations in Orange County and Osceola County. You can also purchase an over-the-counter rapid test from pharmacy retailers. Over-the-counter rapid tests may be available for purchase from us. Details to come.
– Face masks worn over the nose and mouth will be mandatory for everyone at Shameless Book Con events. Single-layer masks, gaiters, face-shields (on their own), and other thin masks will not be permitted. Only well-fitting, 3-layer cloth masks, surgical masks, KN-95 masks, and N95 respirator masks will be allowed. (Follow the CDC guidance regarding masks and mask wearing.)
– Anti-bacterial gel will be available throughout the event spaces and should be used frequently. I highly recommend you have your own travel bottle carried with you at all times.
– Hugging anyone outside of your familiarity bubble is discouraged.
– Removing masks for photos is only allowed outside.
– Listen to and respect Shameless staff and volunteers when reminded of regulations.
– Abide by social distancing practices.
– Stay home if you feel sick or feverish, or are not fully vaccinated and have recently been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive for, or is suspected of having, COVID-19.
– If you are asked to leave an event for not abiding by the rules, depart with dignity. These guidelines may change and be updated on our FAQ page as the CDC evolves their guidelines.
CHANGES FOR #SHAMELESS21
With the strict protocol implemented for this event, some notable changes will be made to the event:
– We will have timed entry into the author signing events. Details to come.
– The Smut Gala – now the Shameless Pool Party! – will now be held outdoors as a pool party from 7pm – 10pm. Details to come.
– There will be no Scavenger Hunt. Refunds will be processed.
– There will be no Dear Mistress events.
– We will not have an on-site bookseller.
– Attendees with VIP, All-Day Saturday, or Signing-Only tickets who choose NOT attend to in person will have their swag bag (with swag!) shipped to them. Check your ticket to verify your shipping address. If your shipping address needs to be updated, you can request an update on the RSVP form: https://sbkc.us/ticketform21
By attending Shameless Book Con 2021, you understand that SBC, LLC and its affiliates are enacting measures to reduce the spread of the COVID-19, and you agree to abide by the regulations we put into place. While we can’t fully prevent possible virus spread, we will do everything in our power – including actively enforcing all guidelines – to help prevent it.
Please know: we err on the side of health and safety! Our rules and regulations may be more strict than those recommended by the CDC or in place at the hotel before and at the time of the event. We will be strictly enforcing our regulations, and anyone not abiding by them may be asked to leave without a refund.
We’re moving forward with planning as though the event were happening today under current CDC health guidelines.
Our regulations will be posted on our FAQ page and announced on our Facebook page; regulations may be updated prior to and during the event without warning, as necessary.
What Shameless staff and volunteers will be doing:
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19; any Shameless volunteer or staff who feels sick or feverish will not attend
- Wearing a cloth mask over the nose and mouth is required for all Shameless staff and volunteers
- Separating author signing tables as much as possible
- Dividing Saturday's author signing event; or stagger entry times
- The Saturday author signing main event may be divided into two sessions, possibly limiting the time you are able to enter signing, or entry times may be staggered. VIP ticket holders will have priority access and allowed longer time to attend the signing. If we find it's necessary to divide the signing or stagger entry, we will do everything we can to accommodate all ticket buyers.
- Maintaining lines in order to abide by social distancing policies
- Providing antibacterial hand sanitizer inside and directly outside event spaces
- Respectfully reminding anyone in attendance of possible rule violations and listening to explanations
What we ask everyone in attendance to do:
- Get a COVID-19 vaccine
- Although we cannot require a COVID-19 vaccine prior to entry (if we could require them, we would), we highly encourage everyone in attendance to be fully vaccinated.
- We understand there are people who cannot be vaccinated and want to make the event as safe as possible for you. This is why we're going to great lengths to stay healthy for everyone.
- Listen to and respect Shameless staff and volunteers when reminded of regulations
- Wear a cloth mask over the nose and mouth inside all events and directly outside event areas
- Carry personal antibacterial hand sanitizer and use as much as possible
- Abide by social distancing practices
- Stay home if you feel sick or feverish, or are not fully vaccinated and have recently been in close contact with anyone who is suspected of having COVID-19
- If asked to leave an event, depart with dignity
It is the responsibility of each person in attendance to follow protocols as recommended by the CDC and those put in place by Shameless in order to stop the spread of COVID-19; however, we cannot guarantee that you will not be impacted by the coronavirus/COVID-19.
Specific details about the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista cleaning and safety protocols are available on their website and on this Hilton CleanStay Guest Experience fact sheet.
What's the deal with 2020?
Sister, if we knew, we'd be bazillionaires. In terms of Shameless Book Con, our 2020 event was rescheduled to November 12-14, 2021. Literally, just picked up and moved on the calendar to a new year.
All tickets purchased for the 2020 event will be good for the 2021 event!
How can I buy a ticket?
Check the ticket buy/sell post in the Attendees Facebook group to purchase tickets from attendees unable to attend.
Tickets may also be purchased at the event, depending on availability.
What does my ticket get me into?
ALL of the ticket info you need can be found on the ticket buying page.
How many tickets can I buy at a time?
Each person may purchase 1 ticket per order. Each attendee needs to have a ticket in their own name because we use name badges for entrance. (No-Frills tickets do not include a name badge.)
How can I get a Dear Mistress ticket?
Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will not hold a Dear Mistress event this year.
I need assistance with my books or help during the signing. Does my companion need a ticket?
Every person entering the signing event must have a ticket. We offer a “No-Frills” ticket that an assistance companion may purchase. Please let us know at registration that your companion has a No-Frills ticket in order to be able to check-in with you.
How do I transfer a ticket?
Ticket holders may sell or give away their ticket to another attendee. Transfers can be done one of two ways:
The ticket purchaser received an email with a PDF copy of the ticket(s) they purchased. Within that email, there is a link in the email that will allow you to edit or transfer the ticket.
Ticket refunds are not available
Where do I find authors' pre-orders?
Head on over to the Attendees Group on Facebook where they will be posted when available.
Where can I get to know attendees and authors before the event?
Join the Shameless Book Con Attendees group on Facebook! SO MUCH info is there, plus it's where we make announcements and authors give away free books.
Where can I get Shameless swag and t-shirts?
Find all of our merch here on this website!
Where can I buy discounted Disney World tickets?
Lucky you, we have a special page just for buying Disney World tickets at a discount!
Where is this shindig taking place?
Originally, the event was scheduled to take place at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace.
On June 22, 2021, we announced the relocation of the event to the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista. You can read all about the relocation and information on hotel reservations here.
HILTON ORLANDO LAKE BUENA VISTA - DISNEY SPRINGS AREA
1751 HOTEL PLAZA BOULEVARD
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FLORIDA, 32830
Can I bring my young kids?
No. Shameless Book Con is an adults-only event.
- No one under 16 will be admitted into the signing or Friday events; however baby-wearing is OK
How much cash should I expect to bring?
The short answer is to bring what you think you'll spend.
The long answer is... it's complicated.
Most authors who are selling books and swag at their tables will accept your credit card for payments. Any food and drinks you'll purchase through the hotel will also be available via your credit card.
Charity raffle tickets will be available with cash. That may change and we may add the ability to purchase with a credit card, but we can't guarantee that at this time.
What vendors will be in attendance?
Several vendors will be peddling their wares on Friday night during the VIP Cocktail Party/Author Showcase and on Saturday during the main signing. Here are the vendors who have signed up to be at #Shameless21:
Can I bring a rolling cart into the signing?
Will there be water available inside the signing event?
Oh, heck yeah! It's pretty much the least we can do: provide our lovely attendees with water. We'll have free water stations set up around the event space, and that's for you!
Where do I line up to enter the event?
Lines will be marked outside of the event ballroom and a map will be available this fall.
Can I hold a place in line for my friends?
Absolutely! We know lots of you will be lining up early to enter the signing and will be waiting in lines to meet your favorite authors. And we know not everyone is able stand for long periods or go hours without using the potty. Ask a friend or neighbor to save your spot in line while you get a drink, rest your feet, or use the loo. Make sure you return the favor!
Do you have a map of events?
We sure will! Stay tuned!
Where can I find a seating chart for the author signing?
Find it in the Attendee Group on Facebook in late October 2021!
What is happening and when? I need a schedule!
*crazy Kermit arms* We'll have your schedule of events sometime this summer.
How can I ship my books home after the signing?
FedEx has a shipping office onsite at the hotel and will be open especially for us from 4:00-7:00pm on Saturday, November 14th. Prices for shipping are available from FedEx.
Am I required to dress up for The Smut Gala The Shameless Pool Party?
But really, how many times a year do you get to snazz yourself up and feel incredible while hanging out with a few hundred of your closest friends?
It's an outdoor party at the patio! Dress comfortably or dress up; put on a swimsuit or wear your favorite pair of jeans. We're hosting the party and you're showing up to have fun!
How can I book a room at the event hotel?
All of the info you need can be found here.
How much will parking at the hotel cost?
Our guests – both overnight and daily – will receive a 50% discount on prevailing self-parking rates.
As of January 2020, the parking rate is $22/day which makes our rate $11/day. Subject to change.
How do I know that attending Shameless Book Con is going to be worth my time?
Don't take it from us; take it from these past attendees!
What a fabulous event! It's organized and put together very nicely. The organizers and all the volunteers are incredibly friendly and helpful. The author lineup is outstanding. And the After Party is the party of the year -- you don't want to miss that! I highly recommend this signing event!! ~Kim C
Shameless was my first ever event and I definitely picked the best! From the staff to volunteers to the authors everyone was super nice. I loved being able to meet and socialize with other readers and authors. I would encourage any book lover to attend this amazing and fabulous event!! ~April MH
Such an amazing weekend of readers and authors coming together to bond over our mutual love of reading. Well run event, so organized and so much fun. ~Heather R
How do I become a sponsor?
Thanks for asking! All that info is here: Shameless Book Con Sponsorship Opportunities
How do I contact you about...
Your answer isn't here? Contact us!